Thursday, February 15, 2007

Is it Icarus or a set of batwings

After 8 1/2 months of knitting, tinking and rekniting, Icarus is complete. Blocked and worn to work, even. The opinion of the rest of my family is that it looks like bat wings - it's the scalloped edges. DD already has dibs on it for Senior Prom - a silver dress would go nicely.

The folks at work all thought it was pretty, and were duly impressed with the knitting. And agreed that it looked like bat wings.

It is warm and lightweight, and the purple is beautiful. I can't believe it's actually done!

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Congrats! It's quite the masterpiece.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh my gosh, it's gorgeous!! It doesn't look like batwings to me. :)

5:30 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Beautifully done. Hope Miriam posts it on her site soon to show it off!
=:8

9:55 AM  
Blogger silverarrowknits said...

Icarus looks great! Congrats on finishing it!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's absolutely stunning and anything that took almost a year to finish deserves to be called something a lot nicer than "batwings"!

Jessie

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m in the process of doing some massive ring maintenance for the FiberArts Bloggers ring and I am contacting you because you're missing you ring code. I will go ahead and e-mail you the basic ring code now, but if you don’t get it please let me know.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions/concerns. Once you have your code up, and/or have posted, if you want to send me a note I’d appreciate it, so I can get you back into the ring that much faster. Thanks!
Joni

8:09 AM  
Blogger Ragan said...

Wow!!! That is lovely!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home