Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Lime&Violet Sock Marathon

I had a comment wondering what the Sock Marathon was (Theresa, you so need to be in on this!), so here's some info.  I'm an avid listener of the Lime&Violet podcast, and they are (insert superlative here) sock knitters.  They came up with the idea of seeing how much sock yarn people had, in miles, then knitting socks, all the while sharing pictures of stash and socks.  So it's not a knitalong, there's not a blog, but the focal point is a Flickr group.

So I took inventory of the sock stash over the weekend, and came up with over 5 miles of sock yarn.  I made the mistake of doing this with witnesses; additional acquisitions will have to be done carefully.

There's the good stuff (hand-dyed)

and the commercial

Next up for sock knitting - finishing Thuja. I'll use the knitting time to plan the next pair. I have to try Jaywalkers one of these days!



 

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the socks you make with all the wondrous yarn!

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the socks you make with all the wondrous yarn!

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all so pretty - how will you pick which yarn to start next?? :) I can't wait to see. I really need to try Jaywalkers on day too - I think I know just which yarn I'll use.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT's 5 miles?? It doesn't seem like that much...that's incredible. You may just have inspired me to add mine up and see!

2:45 PM  
Blogger smug sheep said...

I thought the same as rahime. 5 miles sounds a huge amount, but then the photos look quite reasonable. Good luck with knitting it up

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home