Sunday, February 04, 2007

Another Secret Pal Revealed

My spoiler for Secret Pal 9 was Miz Hardy of Nebraska! She sent lots of goodies - this was better than my birthday!

My DD has claimed the ear of corn, and wants more knitted vegetables!  Clockwise from the corn there is Hot Chocolate mix direct from the Mid-West, some soap made from Bison tallow, a fun movie to knit by (My Favorite Brunette), some chocolate (very tasty - I do love my mint), a holiday mug, a fun ruffly scarf (mohair/nylon), some dyed-especially-for-me laceweight yarn, a Christmas ornament and a candle in a pretty holder.  I'm overwhelmed and feel quite spoiled!

The laceweight may get cast on some time soon, as I finished chart 4 of Icarus last night.  4 rows of edging and the bind-off, and I'm done.  Okay, the blocking, and fixing that spot where the yarn broke.  The edging has me nervous, so I'll put in a lifeline before starting.  Super Bowl knitting consists of the Thuja socks, they should be almost done by the end of the game.  I have one more row of gusset decreases, then the foot should go quickly.  Monkey in Lisa Souza's Wild Things (also a gift of Miz Hardy) is next.

Any thoughts on what to do with 880 yards of laceweight?

2 Comments:

Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

What a great pal! And Icarus pictures? I want Icarus pictures!! :)
=:8

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm.. hi :) I hate to bother you but I need help over at the lime and violet podcast site (limenviolet.com). I registered but I never got the email to activate it. I see my name on the member list (karen-rebecca).
Please email me at razberi_2k@yahoo.com
You may need to delete that account so I can make a new one? I have no idea how that works. :) That's why we pay you the big bucks! lol
Thank You!
-karen

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home