Wednesday, December 27, 2006

To switch or not to switch?

Now that Christmas is a couple of days in the past, it's time to decide whether or not to switch to the new blogger. Normally I would just jump on the bandwagon, but this has some impact, however minor, on other bloggers. Since the Lime&Violet KAL was started by me, if I switch, then that blog is converted also, with many more users than just me. So, I'm still waiting. The pressure is increasing, as you may have noticed. First it was a comment on the initial screen, then a bigger comment, now there are at least 4 screens in which the blogger user must choose which way they want to go. So, in the next day or so I will at least take the virtual tour.

The total for Christmas knitting included two washclothes knit on Christmas Eve. I wasn't procrastinating, though, I didn't even decide to make them until that morning. Two gift baskets that started out as food baskets turned into spa baskets, with Dead Sea mud body bath from our trip to Jordan, a scented candle and the basket. The baskets would have been incomplete without a washcloth. I had knit Fetching for myself, which turned out too big. So they went to my SIL, who does lots of typing and has a cold office.

Mom brought this handwoven scarf back from Ireland last fall - definitely motivation to try something similar.

Especially with the roving from Sereknity that Santa brought for DH.

My MIL loved the scarf, and deemed it perfect for her winter coat!

Last, and not even a present, I was able to sit down on Christmas evening and finish off the first of my Snakes on a Sock, with the yarn that MamaE made especially for moi. I immediately started number two, and hope to finish it shortly.

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That woven scarf is awesome. You should definitely make one!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... can I put that picture in the gallery?????

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fear the new Blogger - once you get used to it, it really is better. (And I'd be glad to help you if you had any questions.) I get what you mean about the KAL blog though. Lovely knits you've been working on!!!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! Made my day!

Regarding Fetching: I made one, and it came out too large for my hand. I see that you had the same problem. Have you started another pair for yourself? I think I am going to use 5 or 10 fewer stitches and see if that helps.

Love all of your FOs ... very inspiring, especially the stegosaurus.

10:16 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

For Fetching, I remember having to use 3.0mm needles to get gauge with yarn that would normally require 4.5mm (SIGH). I think cutting out 5 or ten stitches is the best bet too.
=:8

11:52 PM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Oh! And before I forget again, your FOs look great! I still do not have the guts to weave or spin yet. One day...
=:8

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo! I really hope you like the fiber! That scarf is gorgeous and the roving certainly would be perfect for it. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas -- hope your New Year is just as nice.
Heather at Sereknity

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home