Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saved by the Blog

So, sometime last spring I started knitting Thuja (from Knitty) using Trekking XXL. I completed sock number one, but then it became the summer of The Amazing Lace so it shoved into the UFO pile and who wants to knit a wool sock during the summer? Now, with winter and the Sock Marathon upon us, it's time to finish this pair of socks. The first one really is too short, so I need to undo the toe, reknit it to the correct length, and knit sock number two. The problem comes with remembering what size DPNs were used the first time - I wasn't completely sure I remembered. Since I modified Thuja to use the Trekking, the pattern doesn't help. Thanks to my current Secret Pal, I have a log book - not so last spring. After several weeks of wondering how to figure this out, I remembered that I had a picture of the work in process with the needles in the picture:

With a little luck, and Photoshop (CSI here I come), I was able to enlarge the appropriate section of the photo, and read what it says on the needle:

Now, once I finish the fingerless gloves for a friend (1.5 complete), the red scarf for the Orphan Project (yes I know I have to mail it very shortly) and a little something for my Secret Pal, my Size 2 DPNs and I have a date with some sock yarn.
 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just like a scene from Blow Up. How cool, and thanks goodness for technology. :-)

3:59 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's cool. Seriously. What's the Sock Marathon? Don't hold back!

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so clever!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home