Saturday, December 02, 2006

Show and Tell

Lots of good stuff got delivered this week - between my Secret Pal and Etsy I'm all set. These short days make the picture taking difficult - I'm not home during daylight hours during the week, and the interior light in my house just doesn't work.


My Secret Pal included a note with descriptions, and each item was numbered. The theme was purple, with a handknit purple washcloth, lavender body wash, a notebook (lime and violet?) with purple pen, a beaded bookmark and stitch marker and Lisa Souza sock yarn in Wild Thing. And chocolate - did I mention the chocolate? There was more, but it took a few days to be able to take a decent picture. I'm wondering if there is a Lime & Violet connection here - my Secret Pal is from Nebraska.


Out of the goodness of my heart, I decided to support the Lime & Violet Etsy shop and buy some roving. 4.2 oz. of Flower Bowl goodness! DH is quite concerned with running out of roving to spin, so this will also keep him happy for a while.

Another Etsy shop, RubySapphire Yarns, had a sale for Thanksgiving, so I picked up this lovely skein of greenness, - they ship little goodies along with the yarn - some dum dum lollipops and polished stone magnets - the refridgerator is much prettier now! This yarn is destined for scarfdom, but not until the holiday knitting is done.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oooh, I love show and tell day!! You've got some pretty loot there. Can't wait to see the yarn your husband has been spinning up. :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Love that green. I'm too afraid to start with Etsy. Too much temptation.

2:21 PM  
Blogger silverarrowknits said...

Ooooh, everything is so purrty. I must keep repeating my mantra though: "You spent your budgeted Christmas funds already. You spent your budgeted Christmas funds already."

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that green yarn is beautiful!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home