Sunday, November 26, 2006

Several Almost FOs

There are several projects that are almost, but not quite done.


First we have the wine bottle cozy from Knitty, lacking just a ribbon to thread through the top. Instead of the cord in the pattern, I'm going with a silvery sparkly ribbon to liven up the design. There's an arrow pointing to the eventual location of the ribbon - I also need to work on my arrow-drawing skills.








Then we have Mrs. Stegs. She's been in a WIP since the middle of summer. Now she just needs her spinal plates to be attached, and a face and she's all done.
The second Fetching just needs a thumb, and an owner. It's a toss-up as to whether DH or DS will get them; let's just say that they're NOT fighting over them.

The ultimate unfinished object, Icarus, is slowly approaching the finish line. Row 13 of Chart 4 is complete. There is one benefit in knitting this so slowly - I just found an errata for the pattern, for the last few lines of Chart 4. Mim (who designed Icarus) knit Icarus again, and found a slight error in the pattern. One hopes that I would have figured it out when I got there, but better not to have chanced it.

The next project is a scarf for DH's mom, from the roving that he spun. Possible swatching tonight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great projects, although Mrs. Steg looks a bit like alien intestines at the moment.

Gotta love Fetching.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Love your Cozy - did we buy that yarn together?? I need to knit a Steg for my godson . . . but probably not this Christmas (I don't think I can add anything else!!) I love your Steg!!! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

5:32 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Shoot, I think the Fetching looks absolutely fetching! It reminds me of the red New Tweed I made for my friend.
=:8

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home