Friday, March 23, 2007

At long last - knitting content!

Well, I managed to finish one Monkey sock, and almost finish the ribbing of the second. I love the flashes of turquoise in the Wild Things colorway - it doesn't show up unless the light is right. I've decided to finish the Monkey socks, then try the STR club yarn. I'm leery of the pattern - all that talk of 0000 needles and multiple froggings. Courtney of yarn tootin' used the RPM pattern from knitty, so I may try that.

My thumb gets tired after 10 minutes of knitting, so frequent breaks are required. I also have to pay attention, because mindless knitting leads to too much pressure on my left thumb, and I'll be right back where I started. In the meantime, I have half a warp wound, with the intent of weaving cotton dishclothes in a waffle weave. I will be very happy if I can get the loom set up this weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh! i like your monkey :o)
i've been eyeing that yarn myself. nice to see it knitted up. good job! glad to see you're able to knit again.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Ah, your Monkey came out terrific. Oh I can't wait to start that pattern. I'll send happy thoughts to your poor thumb.z

7:23 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's a great combination of yarn and pattern. Nicely done.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home