Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm a square...

I knit this sweater for my DH about 20 years ago. He rarely wore it, as we don't live near the Artic Circle, and that's the only place cold enough for him to be comfortable in it. It occurred to me recently (yes, I should have thought of it much earlier, like a decade) that it would be perfect
for me. I'm amazed that I managed to finish it, especially since it is the second sweater. Yes, I knit this baby twice. Once for my brother (he was still in college) and again for my DH.

The importance of this sweater at this point in time is I'm going to wear it to Rhinebeck on Saturday. Add shoulder length dark blonde hair and a Blogger Bingo tote bag, and I'm ready to play.







My "shopping list" for Rhinebeck includes trying to find yarn for the following items, which I would like to knit someday.

Simple Knitted Bodice
Celtic Icon from Inspired Cable Knits
Ram's Horn Jacket from Knitting Nature
Cable Spiral Pullover from Knitting Nature (thanks Mama-E!)

And, maybe some alpaca for my Secret Pal, and me. Oh, and I want to make a booga bag, so something for that. We'll see how much DH is willing to go for - he's along for the ride. It's a good thing there is wine and cheese tasting, just saying.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater. I'm not going to be at Rhinebeck except in spirit, but I'd have to say any man who will consent to go along is a man worth keeping. (Well, I assume you were going to keep him anyway, but this is a clincher.)

3:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the sweater . . . I hope it's cool enough that you won't roast in it. And leave some room on your list for Socks That Rock - I'm sure it will sell out quickly, but hopefully we'll both get there before it's all gone. :)

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be on the lookout for you and that beautiful sweater! (you're on my card)
I found the perfect yarn at Maryland S&W for Celtic Icon, so I wish you luck at Rhinebeck!
And don't forget the sock yarn!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's lovely. Enjoy Rhinebeck!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Marcia said...

Love the sweater. I'll keep an eye out for you too! Nice of hubby to go along. I hear some of the men enjoy watching the sheep dog trials (maybe w/wine and cheese LOL). I'd better get busy and get my "I'm a square" badge finished! See you there!

5:34 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Cannot wait to see your report on Rhinebeck!
=:8

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very beautiful sweater... and to have knit it twice! I, too have the simple knitted bodice and celtic icon sweater on my "Must-do" lists. Alas, I live very very far away from Rhinebeck, but I'll beam my best yarn hunting skills to you. Have a great time...

your Secret Pal!

:)

ps. check your email!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home