Sunday, September 17, 2006

Huck lace off the loom

and with wonky edges. Any skill I picked up at weaving camp has disappeared. It's off the loom, and awaits finishing - a quick run through the washing machine on gentle, warm and delicate, then drying on the rack outside. Hopefully the edges will improve somewhat after that step.

Next on the loom will be some of the Harrisville yarn that came with the loom, in a log cabin pattern. Once weaving with wool turns out okay, I'll try the cotton flake that was on sale at WEBS a couple of months ago.







The baby kimono was completed just in time to go to the shower. I borrowed an idea from Liz at FidoKnits, and bought a teddy bear, which wore the kimono.

The bear was very cute and very soft, and mom-to-be was thrilled with both.











The Funky Scarf Swap has been a lot of fun, especially in terms of coming up with a design. It took a couple of tries to get the gauge correct, but now the scarf looks as I envisioned it.

In the first cast on, with many more stitches, I knit 4 inches of scarf and went through 20% of the yarn, enough that I noticed. I weighed both the used and unused balls of yarn, and figured I had to make a major design change, or end up with a very odd, instead of funky, scarf.






Last, but definitely not least, I've signed up to walk with Karen in the October 15th Walk for Diabetes in Fairfield, CT, along the beach. So head over to her blog to get more details of the walk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Glad to see the weaving up and running!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home