Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Random Fibers, the sock yarn

I have the most amazing Secret Pal - Mama-E of Cyber Fibers. She made me some sock yarn in my very own colorway, based on the funky fractal picture I posted a couple of weeks ago. Tucked in amongst the yarn are two pairs of earrings that match. Now I have to figure out the best way to show off this yarn. Socks, or a scarf? Any ideas?












The next package that I unwrapped (because I start with the biggest) was this lovely skein of Vesper sock yarn, with a set of coordinating stitch markers, including the RANDOM and FIBERS ones. I'm pretty that this yarn will be socks.















That wasn't all - a big, fragrant block of lavender soap, two yummy candles and some notepaper.













Isn't this the greatest? Once I learned her identity, I made sure to check out Mama-E's eshop. She has a sock club. How long until I sign up for that?

In knitting news, I'm trying to finish Icarus before starting anything else, like the Simple Knitted Lace Bodice. I bought the pattern, but haven't done anything about the yarn. Next up should be the Funky Scarf, since I'm designing as I go. Maybe I'll cast on tonight, to make sure I have needles that are the right size.

Last but not least, DS turned 13 today. Now I'm the mother of two teenagers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oooh, what great loot. Mama E sure does a wonderful job!! Happy birthday to DS. Two teenagers in the house . . . scary!! LOL

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks!!! I am so glad that you like it!
Wanna go on a yarn crawl through NYC on Saturday???

6:07 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Nice package - you'll need all that lovely wool and good scented things to keep you sane with 2 teenagers around!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ahhhh! So jealous! Beautiful stuff from your SP, for sure.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home