Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Snakes on a Sock

I'm not completely sure of how I discovered the Lime & Violet podcast, but since then I've turned into a loyal listener. To the extent that when I heard about the Lisa Souza colorway, limenviolet, I went to check it out, and lo and behold, it's now in my possession. It's 450 yards of superwash wool/nylon, just waiting for the right pattern.














Then, you may ask, what is/are Snakes on a Sock, besides an obvious take off of a reportedly pretty bad movie? It's a sock pattern, by Miss Lime of limenviolet fame, shown here on my SP8 custom colorway. The picture is mediocre, because I didn't feel like waiting for good natural light (could be several days away), before taking the picture. Hopefully you get the general idea of the pattern, which has two "raised" sections twining around the sock. Very fun to knit.













Not ready for prime-time is the baby kimono from Mason-Dixon knitting, as a gift for a baby shower this Saturday. Yes, that's right, I have three nights to finish knitting, weave in ends, block and sew together. Oh, and make I-cord for the ties. Though I should buy some ribbon just in case.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

You can do it! I know you can! Three days is plenty of time. I'll be pulling for you.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Shorty said...

I can't wait to get mine. Enjoy!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Nad said...

Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog..... and you are so lucky- I adore that yarn..... but since I am on a yarn diet (sort of) I have to resist it and I have no idea if she'd even ship to Germany. I better not even find out!!!!!!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home