Monday, November 06, 2006

Icarus is kicking my butt

I've finally reached the last few rows of Chart 3, but it hasn't been easy. It takes the utmost in concentration, carefully counting, checking stitches, and still these rogue yarnovers appear. So, depending on where I discover them, I let them drop, or have to knit back. Luckily the alpaca laceweight is pretty forgiving. I was within minutes of shoving it into my stash, to be dealt with later (or never) when I checked "one last time" and realized that the errors weren't as bad as I thought.
I love the feel of this shawl! It is soft and squishy - I wonder what blocking will do?
















Then we have fetching, in Jo Sharp Aran Tweed. The first try was a bit big on me, so I went from 45 to 40 stitches.
This one is still a bit big, and has a "manly" look with the dark gray tweed, so DH might get them. He tried on the one finished glove and it fit fine - finally something knit that he likes!























Last, and not least at all, is the first yarn off of the new wheel. It has the usual newbie problems, but is spun and plied and washed and I'll knit it up tomorrow.
There's enough for a swatch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I bet you won't be able to find the errors after blocking. Seriously.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Wow, you've both been busy over there. Icarus is going to be beautiful!! Isn't Fetching a fun pattern - I want to knit a bunch more! And DH's yarn is looking good. You guys are a whole fiber shop over there. :)

5:31 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Icarus is getting there! In Schatner style, "Just -- one -- more -- row!"
=:8

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home