Saturday, March 31, 2007

LMKG Chevron Scarf, and CT Fiber Festival

Did you know that there is a Fiber Festival in Connecticut? It's a fraction of the size of Rhinebeck or MD, but still fun. That's where first met up with other bloggers. Karen, of Musings of a (Mostly) Self-Taught Knitter, and Pea, her DH, as well as a host of others. Well, it's getting to be that time again! This year's festival is on Saturday, April 28th in Vernon (just east of Hartford), which is just 4 weeks from today. I'm sure there will be the usual blogger lunch, and this time I'll be ready with food to share. I may be able to convince DH to join me, as there will be spinning.

The chevron scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts has drawn a lot of attention since someone figured out to use Socks That Rock in complementary colorways. (Check out the Flickr group). The scarf is gorgeous, but I didn't want a wool scarf for the upcoming warmer weather. A post on the Lime & Violet message board sent me to the Etsy store of Myrrhwood Farms. They have a cotton/rayon blend that is beautiful, and should knit up nicely for a summer scarf. There are two skeins in the picture; I'm hoping there's enough variation for the scarf to be interesting to knit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Those colors will be super-complimentary. Very nice.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm a bit nervous that the program and invitation on their website is all from 2006, but if it's on, Pea and I are planning to go again!! :) That yarn is so pretty - looks like it will make the perfect spring scarf.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

The Fiber Fest sounds like fun. I've never been to one before, just drooled at the after-posts. I may be up for it but I have to check the date. I'd love to be included in any plans to meet up with some bloggers for lunch!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home