Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Really big booga bag

The bulk of my vacation knitting, during one of the hottest weeks of the year, was on a huge wool item. I was driven to finish knitting so I could see how it came out once felted. The unfelted bag is shown here on a fully grown college freshman:
Yes, if stretched it would completely enclose her. I was good, and swatched:

This is after 10 minutes in the washer with some towels. I'm going to let the bag go for at least 15 minutes, as I want it a bit denser, and smaller.

If all goes well, the felted swatch will be sewn inside for a pocket.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wow, you deserve a medal for knitting in that heat!!!! Especially a huge wool project like that. It's going to be so cool when it's finished.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home