Friday, June 29, 2007

Vacation knitting

or, how much do I need to pack for a 4 day trip? We're heading north on Saturday afternoon, and returning on Tuesday. There is a fairly frequent theme in blogs and podcasts these days about how much knitting to take when traveling. I err (if it's an error at all) on the too much side. I cart around a fair amount of stuff on a day to day basis, it's out of control when I leave home. Throw in that I plan to visit Patternworks up in Center Harbor, and there is lots of yarn hitting the road.

Forget SABLE, there should be an acronym for taking more projects than could be knit if you didn't sleep while you were away.

And if I think of an appropriate acronym, I'll let you know.

No pictures today, because my projects look the same. The Montego Bay scarf is longer, the second Conwy sock is about to get a heel flap, and I may drag the cotton cable sweater out of hibernation and work on that. I'm giving up on cables without a cable needle on the cotton; it's too hard on the hands. My plan is to work on those projects, with the hope of finishing the sock and scarf. We'll see what happens.

Oh, and Ravelry rocks! Lots of ideas for projects, though browsing on Ravelry eats into my knitting time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I do the same thing too . . . better to pack too many projects than too few. And since you're visiting Patternworks, you'd better bring all your needles too - just in case you buy yarn and need to start a new project. LOL Have a great time!!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I've probably spent the time I could have finished a few WIPs in reading Ravelry instead.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

When you're driving, there's no reason not to!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home