Saturday, July 07, 2007

Big Booga Bag


The bottom of the bag and the Icord are complete, and I bought the required US15 circular needles at the knitting guild meeting last night. The weather will be a little warm for the next several days, so there may not be much accomplished on this. My iPod is included for scale, as it is difficult to see how big this is without something for comparison. I'm concerned that I don't have enough of the turquoise to complete this, so bought some Plymouth Galway in black. I'll double it up and put some skinny black stripes in the bag, both to extend the yarn and add some interest.

Let's hope this isn't too ambitious for a first felting project; prior to this I tried it a couple of times on swatches - never on something that I cared about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a Big Bulky Booga Bag pattern? I made one for myself several years ago based on the regular pattern. I used Lamb's Pride bulky in random stripes and wayy oversized it. In fact, I have pictures of my daughter (then about 3) sitting in it, before it was felted.

I get a lot of compliments on that bag. I'm sure you will, too!

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home