Saturday, April 15, 2006

Miniature knitting

Today was for knitting tiny things. First is a bag for Jackie, from the Parrot Collection yarn we bought in Vermont. It looked like fun, but we couldn't figure out what to make from it. So when she needed a case for her headphones, I thought of the parrot yarn. Pictures can be deceiving:













It's really a tiny little thing; much smaller than the original picture would indicate. But the yarn didn't turn out as feathery as she feared, so it may have a future as a belt.



Then, in honor of Easter, I knit an egg from leftover sock yarn, courtesy of
Curly Purly:


The good thing about the egg is I practiced my matched increases - more challenging than I thought. I'll leave the rest of the egg production to the hens and bunnies.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reese said...

That egg is pretty cute! Perfect for the holiday. I'm glad the yarn made it to you quickly and you like it. Can't wait to see how your project turns out.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh my goodness, I love that little knitted egg!!! It's so cute.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hi . . . just writing back about my socks on size 5 needles. That yarn comes with a pattern - but it's actually more of a guideline. It gives you an idea how many stitches to cast on and how to work the heel - and you can use your own stitch pattern on the leg. I didn't even have to swatch, the numbers they suggested are coming out fine. :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Definitely not feather-boa-y. But cute.

Nice to meet you at Grafton the other night.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home