Friday, May 04, 2007

Alpacas go "Meep"

It was too dark to get a decent picture of the alpacas, so here are some sheep:
I'm positive that I heard an alpaca make a "meep" noise. There were two that were very watchful; standing next to each other, heads together and looking about. The weather was perfect for the fiber fest, and I love the small size. I checked out all of the vendors, then went back to make my purchases. Along the way I found Karen and Pea, and Jessie whom I met last year. We were all wearing our lace shawls, so I was glad that Icarus was with me. Note to self: wearing of lace is a great conversation starter.

My haul was under control - I brought cash and didn't even spend all of it. The yarn on the left is sock yarn from A Piece of Vermont, and on the right is alpaca from Hampden Hills Alpaca. The socks are for me and the alpaca will be a scarf for my SIL for Christmas. Any thoughts on a pattern that will show off the yarn?

The roving on the left is a Merino/Tencel from The Sheep Shed, and on the right is Coopworth pencil roving from Wild and Wooly Fibers. Last, but not least, I bought some sheep's milk cheese - yum!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

So glad we got to hook up and browse all the yarn and fiber!!! It was fun to see you again.

10:28 AM  
Blogger omly said...

Hiya, you had entered my giveaway for a copy of Fitted Knits. Unfortunately I didn't pull your name for that book, but as a additional prize you get your choice of a pair of Size 2 metal Clover needles from Hong Kong (with much chinese on the package) or a copy of Knitting Rules by the Yarn Harlot. Please let me know your address and which you are more interested in, and thanks for participating!

4:19 PM  
Blogger RuTemple said...

Yes, you likely did hear the alpaca say "meep" - they make the most amazing gentle whoopy noises in the morning!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home