Thursday, May 17, 2007

We interrupt the regularly schedule knitting

to bring you a hat. I bought the yarn in the middle of the winter because of the bright yellow color, and just decided that it was time to knit a baby hat for an expectant coworker (5 weeks to go). So progress slowed on the Chevron Scarf and Tofutsies sock while I knit this up:
I started on size 3 dpns, decided that was too loose and switched to size 2 circs, or so I thought. The circular needle was the same size as the dpns, but the hat turned out okay. The needle was a bit too short, but I managed to use a Magic Loop method. The yarn is Sandnesgarn Mandarin Petit; it's machine washable and air dry. I threw it in the washing machine to make sure; it looks exactly the same.

Back to the sock and scarf!

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

So cute, and I love that bright, cheery yellow. (Especially on a gray day like today!!) And machine washable? Perfect for baby stuff!!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It's cute. I did that recently on a sweater - I "switched" needle sizes for the edging and later realized they were all the same size. Alas. It worked out ok.

8:09 AM  
Blogger omly said...

Nothing quite like baby things to make you feel like you are making progress. That hat is super cute.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home