Sunday, June 03, 2007

Montego Bay Scarf

I have a pale pink scarf that I bought years ago. I wear it frequently, and am coming to realize that it may be past its prime. So when I saw the Montego Bay Scarf in the Summer IK, I immediately thought that the replacement was at hand. I found the Hand Maiden Sea Silk in Rose on the Hand Maiden site, then had to look around to find it on line. I found it at Knitty Noddy, and they shipped it right out.
Montego Bay
The pattern is very straightforward, and will be a fun and quick knit.

The hardest part was winding the Sea Silk into a ball. We tried it on the ball winder, but it looked kind of messy, so I took it off and tried again. BIG MISTAKE! It instantaneously tangled up, and took me a couple of hours to rewind (by hand) into a ball. It's behaving now, but is quite slippery so be careful.

As for the fleece, it is all dry. DH bought a couple of wire dog brushes to try carding. After an hour, he is ready to buy a drum carder. So we'll have to wait and see what happens next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home