Saturday, September 15, 2007

K.I.S.S. applies to socks, too

The very first pair of socks that I knit was in stockinette, and after that I went to patterns. I wasn't happy with my Fawkes socks(page down), and wanted something to work on while I figured out what to do with those. At the same time, I had a skein from A Piece of Vermont that I wanted to knit, but couldn't decide on a pattern.So, thanks to the Simply Stockinette group on Ravelry, it finally hit me. Just knit a simple sock, and let the yarn provide the interest. Which it does. I'm also knitting these socks tighter than I usually would, since the yarn is 100% Merino. I've read that it wears better when it is tightly knit. I'm really enjoying being able to knit and not worry about the pattern. The knitting also seems to go more quickly.

The red scarf is making progress - has to be mailed by October 15th!

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

They are gorgeous in their simplicity. Perfect.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is OLD! Glad to see it's finally seeing the light of day. :-)

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home