Monday, January 21, 2008

Seville Sweater

This is the Seville Jacket from Oat Couture in Green Mountain Spinnery's Wonderfully Wooly in Lapis Ragg, from Rhinebeck in 2006. I had started it a year ago, but never quite got into the swing of it. I picked it up again after Christmas, and kept going. Unfortunately, my gauge had changed dramatically in that time, and it was too big (even before the gauge change) so I frogged it (after reaching the armholes) and started over.

This time it is flying off the needles, especially for me. I knit both front sections at the same time, and kept track of which was which by tying knots in the cast on remnant - one for the right side, two for the left. I cast on at SnB on Tuesday night, and cast off during the car trip home from my mother's. Next up is the sleeves, which involves knitting a twelve-inch strip of cable, and picking up the stitches along the side and knitting up.

This is the first sweater that I've knit in 20 years, so quite exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home