Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Downside of Noro

DD requested the Christmas Surprise stocking, and selected the Noro Kureyon colorway that she wanted. This the second time that I've knit with Noro, and the first time where the workmaship has left me underwhelmed. The knitting has been fine; the changing colors has kept me intrigued and VM is minimal. Then I came to the end of the first skein. Knotted onto the blue was a piece of orange, which isn't in the correct sequence at all. So I untied that, and found my second skein. The initial color was orange, not the blue from the first. So I tried the third skein, and wound off what you see on the TP tube before finding where I wanted to start. It will be lovely, and I hope I have enough yarn to keep the color sequence intact.

I was thrilled on Monday to read that I had won a prize! Chicken Knits had a contest to name her new twill piggy, and I'm a runner up. My prize package came on Friday, and is fantastic.

As soon as my jaw recovers from having a filling replaced, I will be into those gummy bears. The yarn is Daring from Sunshine Yarns, and will be high on my list of projects, once the Christmas Stockings are complete.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you like the yarn. And I hope your tooth is better!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi there! Love the Noro colorway -- I've had the same issue with knotted bits that don't match, right in the middle of a skein. Oh well, c'est Noro, I figure. Anyway. You had asked if I'm headed to Rhinebeck next weekend. Probably not. There's so much going on around here these days, and my interest has waned ever so slightly. Maybe I'll head back there again next year, though.

7:12 PM  
Blogger greenmama said...

I have the same stocking pattern on the needles! I love the whole hand knit stocking tradition; it was so big in my family growing up. I'm sure all new stockings will make this a Christmas to remember for your family! Merry Knitting!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home