Sunday, November 18, 2007

Progress on the Nordic-style stocking

I'm not sure that black and green are traditional Nordic color choices, but this is turning out pretty well. I've finished the first chart and figure I'll need 3 1/2 repeats of the second chart before starting the heel. The pattern refers to a decrease every 5th round 8 times, so we'll see how that works out.
In real life the knitting is a little lumpy; I'm hoping that it smoothes out after blocking.

I finished the alpaca scarf, but haven't blocked it yet. Since it looks just like the previous post, I didn't bother with a picture. The scarf for my MIL is started from DH's handspun. This is the first large quantity of spinning that he did, and it's interesting to see how far he's come since. It's like knitting with two strands held together, as the plying was pretty loose. I still need to come up with something for my mother - not quite sure what at this point. Off to work on the loom, as I'm winding replacements warp sections for the cotton flake yarn that started breaking when winding the warp onto the back beam.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Those stockings are coming out so pretty. I love the black and green - traditional or not!!

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home