Saturday, October 06, 2007

October Events - Socktoberfest and Red Scarf Project

Sock #1 of the "A Piece of Vermont" merino sock is complete, and the second sock is a couple of inches along. Jessie commented that the yarn was old - I don't remember who I bought it from but it was at the CT Sheep and Wool Festival last April. I'd forgotten how nice it is to have a plain sock to knit. No pattern to keep track of.
Then we have the red scarf, which is quite soft and squishy. I hope it keeps a college student warm and snuggly. The yarn is Marble by N.Y Yarns, and is 66% acrylic, 30% wool and 4% nylon. It did not feel like acrylic, and is washable. I made several attempts at knitting a pattern, and gave up - the yarn obscured everything. A simple 2x2 rib gives it some volume. 3 skeins yielded a 5 1/2 foot scarf.

The Christmas stockings are started, so I have three months to make four of them. I could be quite busy on Christmas Eve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home