Monday, October 29, 2007

So many socks, so few feet

October has yielded two identical and one large sock. The large sock will eventually be felted, but DD wants me to wait until she's home at Thanksgiving. The pair of socks is out of A Piece of Vermont merino sock yarn, knit on US1 dpns. I'm trying to knit socks more tightly to make sure they wear well.

The regular sized sock is in the picture to show the scale of the large one. It's from 2+ skeins of Noro Kureyon, and trying to keep the stripe sequence intact was quite involved. All comments about the quality control of the Noro came true on this one.

The stocking for DH is on the needles. I've come to the conclusion that I knit on the loose side, so ended up going down two needle sizes. It's a gansey style, so very straightforward. I'll start the Norwegian style for DS this weekend; it could take awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home