Monday, January 01, 2007

A Year in Review, the lazy version

In which I document my fiber activities of 2006, without getting up from the computer.

It all started with the Knitting Olympics. I stumbled across the Yarn Harlot and the Knitting Olympics (can't remember how) and decided to participate. Go Team Wales! That required a blog, so I started this one. The Knitting Olympics taught me that I could finish a project relatively quickly. The downside of this was an increase in the number of projects on the needles at any one time.

FOs for 2006
Scarves - 8, including Branching Out, my first lace
Socks - 5
Fingerless gloves - 4
Hats - 1
Baby kimono - 1
Stegosaurus - 1
Wine bottle cozy - 2
Woven kitchen towels - 4
Woven table runners - 2

Other highlights include seeing the Yarn Harlot, finding podcasts, going to the CT Sheep and Wool Festival, going to Rhinebeck, weaving camp, meeting other bloggers and DH deciding to spin.

More later on the WIPs and plans for 2007. Now I'm going to watch the parade.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

And with all those projects on the needles, suddenly they all take longer . . .

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Year In Review. I didn't know that you started a blog because of the Knitting Olympics. I'm sure glad you did though - otherwise I might never have met you. You sure did get a lot knit up this year. Happy New Year and lots more knitting for 2007. :)

6:20 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

What a year! Now I need to plan a trip down to see you all. I discovered that Exits 8, 32, and 38 have shops nearby and want to visit them with you. :)
=:8

11:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Congrats to your daughter! Northeastern is literally down the street from me. It's a good 10 blocks or so down the street, but that's pretty close. I may be moving over the summer, but if you come and visit before then (or even after then), drop me a line.

- Rachel

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home