Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Yarn Harlot, extended version

There's a little more time to ready the blog (is there a verb for this?) today, but not much. By the time I get access to the computer, I want to go to bed.

The Yarn Harlot blog has an extensive account of Friday evening, which may win the award for "most crowded". A SRO crowd gathered to hear Stephanie, and get books signed. Some of us in front (see me in the yellow sweater) sat down so those behind could see.

She even had the Knitting Olympics sweater, and showed off the exquisite finishing on the inside.




I recognized and chatted with a couple of bloggers that were familiar, Kate and Liz, and met some amazing knitters, Theresa who is about to start knitting sock #100, and SilverArrowKnits who is getting ahead on her Christmas projects.

Somehow we all ended up at the end of the line for the book signing, so chatted among the yarn inventory. All of the yarn inventory. Liz was extremely strongwilled (yes, a statue is in order) and didn't buy any yarn. I succumbed at the very end, and bought two skeins of the Plymouth Royal Bamboo in a lovely pale green shade. It will be a lacy, summer scarf very shortly. I am partial to green. I wish I had taken more pictures - too late now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

How cool to read about the event on the Harlot's blog, and then come over and read it on yours!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. And I think you deserve a statue too, for only buying TWO skeins of yarn. I would think all that time spend in a yarn store, along with Harlot Frenzy, would make it hard not to go overboard. :)

7:30 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Agreed - the bamboo was lovely. I think I'm holding out for the Webs tent sale in May, though.

Good times, good times.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hi - didn't see your email addy. I responded to your comment on the blog today . . .

except that the Webs tent sale is (I heard from Two Left Needles Monica) May 20-21. I'm so there.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Ya-Ya said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I laughed at your comment on my blog calling non-bloggers "muggles." That was a great choice! I appreciate your comments and enjoy reading your blog as well! Keep up the knitting and enjoy this beautiful weather we are having.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home