Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Icarus - too close to the sun?










I made it all the way to row 36 of the pattern when I noticed this:




The feeling that something wasn't quite right had been nagging me for a while now, possibly the reason that I hadn't been working on Icarus very much. There were a few minor errors, nothing major, yet still there it was, the urge to frog and start over.

With the discovery that I had knit the stitch counter into the shawl, the decision to frog was made. Despite paying what I thought was close attention to what I was doing, the error with the stitch marker was made 4 rows back, and I hadn't noticed. Next week is Learn to Weave (camp for adults) at Harrisville Yarns, so I'll have time to concentrate on Icarus. (I'll also read the manual for my camera to learn how to focus better on shots like this.)

Icarus B.F. (before frogging):

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Elizabeth, I'm was on row 150 and found that I had somehow jogged over 1 stitch on one decrease and it threw everything off. So I had to rip back to the lifeline I put in at row 147. Thank goodness for lifelines! I highly recommend them on a project like this.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that stinks that you have to frog it - is it in a section where you can drop a stitch, go down a row and then pick them up again?

Good luck...

5:27 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

How's the yarn holding up? How are YOU holding up? Good luck.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home