Saturday, June 17, 2006

Secret Agent Knitter - apparently not

It's a good thing I never wanted to be a spy, because the Secret Pal stuff is a bit of a challenge. The spoiling of the secret pal is going well, it's the secret identity that I'm having problems with. So far I've left a comment on my Secret Pal's blog as my real self, then I left a comment as anonymous, but didn't put anything in the comment as to who I am. My Secret Pal is smart enough to figure it out, but still...

Silver Arrow Knits had the suggestion to use the not-quite-a-scarf to display antiques, and I decided to go with that theme. Below you see some of the souvenirs of our trip to Jordan last summer - the brass shows up nicely.











Knitting update - I had a whole blog posting planned around my lace knitting taking a trip to Lafayette IN where I went for business this past week. Knitting on the plane, in the car, at the River Knits yarn shop... but I forgot my camera. We chatted with the owner, and showed off the iPod case, but didn't get her name. I picked up a couple of skeins of yarn, which may get described at some future date. One is destined for my Secret Pal, so won't be mentioned until it's in the mail. She already let me know that she will try to resist the temptation to follow the link of the comment back to here, but I don't want to take chances on spoiling any surprises.

Much of my travel time was spent working on the lacy socks, so here they are: Arizona Lace in Green and Broadripple in Pink. Both are now good travelers, having been to New Hampshire and Indiana.





























Arizona Lace is waiting for the gusset pick up, and Broadripple is ready for the heel flap. Tonight I'm going to spend some time with Icarus - it's been neglected as of late.

1 Comments:

Blogger silverarrowknits said...

It looks good!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home