Sunday, July 23, 2006

Looming

loom

One entry found for loom.
Main Entry: loom
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: origin unknown
1 : to come into sight in enlarged or distorted and indistinct form often as a result of atmospheric conditions
2 a : to appear in an impressively great or exaggerated form b : to take shape as an impending occurrence (definition from Merriam-Webster)

The second definition seems to be more appropriate these days, as most of my time and energy is consumed by work, so little else is getting accomplished. At least, not as much as I'd like. So, for a quick update, my project status:

Branching Out, which looks longer in real life. I've completed 20 repeats, and almost reached the end of the second ball of yarn. Seven or eight more repeats should do it.













Then, the looming loom. DH is helping with the assembly, so it's going a little faster. Next step is threading the heddles on the heddle rods. All 800 of them. Let's hope no one sneezes.














Then, the second Broadripple sock for my SIL. We were in NH in early July, so she was able to confirm that it fits.














The fixation with Cascade Fixation has claimed another victim - I should be able to knit some ankle socks for myself pretty quickly. I'm going to try a short row heel, as I prefer its appearance on this type of sock.











Well, I feel better reviewing the week, as my unfinished projects loomed over me. More was accomplished than I thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Love the whole LOOM theme of your post, with the projects looming over you. :) You have a ton of patience to get that loom all together - but I know how much you will enjoy it when it's done, so it will all be worth it. And managing some time for knitting too - good for you!!!

6:17 PM  
Blogger Reese said...

Branching out look great!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Serendipity said...

These are so beautiful! I don't even know if I have seen a loom ever. I've heard lots about it though.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home