Sunday, August 20, 2006

At long last, the loom is complete

Occupying much of the living room, the floor loom is all put together! DH was a great help. I don't know how we would have put it all together if I hadn't taken the class. The directions are very well written, with plenty of diagrams, but knowing what each piece does and how it is supposed to work was invaluable.
The first warp will be a repeat of the third warp from the class, because I saved what was left on the loom. It's the huck lace pattern, and there should be enough yarn for a place mat. It's primary purpose is to see how the finishing works in my washing machine.

Then I have to decide on the next project. Webs had a sale on their cotton weaving yarn, and I bought several cones - pure white, natural, pale orange, pale yellow and a variegated with the white, yellow and orange. I'm thinking baby blankets. DH couldn't figure out how such a small box could be so heavy - usually yarn deliveries are very light weight. Cotton on a cone is much denser than skeins of wool.

The other highlight of the weekend was a yarn crawl with Karen, to several of her favorite yarn shops. I'm all set for most of the Christmas presents that I want to make, as well as the yarn for the Funky Scarf Swap. Just in case, no pictures of our shopping.

2 Comments:

Blogger silverarrowknits said...

Congrats on completing the loom!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Found you! The "Random" was a great hint. Thanks so much for all of my goodies! I can't wait to start my quick fixation socks, and I love the colors you picked in that yarn and the trekking yarn. Thanks for the chocolate too! I just took some pictures and they'll be up on my blog soon.

You're the best!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home