Saturday, July 29, 2006

Finally, time to knit.

No knitting updates worth showing, or loom building either. The socks - Broadripple #2 (green with pink toe) and Cascade Anklet for me are slightly bigger. Branching Out is close to completion but looks the same. By next week, though, I expect to have all of these finished, and have Icarus well under way. How, you make ask, when I've made so little progress lately?

VACATION! For the next week we'll be relaxing on Lake Winnespesaukee. So I'll be spending the next week knitting, reading, knitting, swimming, knitting, etc. Oh, and sleeping. Hopefully I'll have better luck with that than in recent weeks.

Here's a peek of what it looks like:

Bear Island cam

If you take a boat ride and head out between the two closest islands, you end up in Center Harbor in about 10 minutes.

What's so special about Center Harbor? I'll have a little contest, and pick a name from those who guess correctly. The winner will receive a little memento from Center Harbor. Extra credit if you pick the day I visit there. So, leave a comment by Sunday, August 6th with your answer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hurrah for vacation!!! I hope you have wonderful weather, get lots of knitting done, and get a lot of rest!! After all, we have a long yarn crawl to get ready for. :) Hmm, Center Harbor. I'm going to say you got married there. My random extra credit guess will be August 9th.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love Center Harbor. I love all of New England, in fact. But what is so special about Center Harbor is that you learned to knit there and you return every year to celebrate the anniversary. I'll say Aug 8th.

Have a great trip!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home