Sunday, August 13, 2006

Casualities of the Summer of Lace

My SP8 hostess issued a challenge to display all of the unfinished knitted objects in my house. There's not enough bandwidth to show all of the unfinished objects - would probably need to include children, etc in that post. As I collected the neglected projects from their various corners, it occurred to me that most were displaced by lace oriented projects - Branching Out, Broadripple socks and Icarus. Icarus is at the top of the pile right now - I want to keep going while there is some momentum.


Clock-wise from top right we have steggy, just waiting to be put together. The body is sewn up, next is the head, then plates(?) along the spine and legs. Then there is Thuja out of Trekking XXL colorway 28. Sock one is done, but I don't like the toe so need to redo that. No rush on those, at least for a month or two. Then there is Arizona Lace, which is lace but has too many knitting errors for me to be happy with it. It's fate is unknown, but most likely involves frogs. Upper left is the windchime scarf that we learned at my knitting guild - short rows and knitting backwards. It's waiting patiently for winter. Then in the middle is the cotton cable out of Tahki Classic Cotton. I love it and worked on it diligently (cables out of cotton are hard on the hands, so only did a few rows at a time) until all the lace projects kicked it off the table.



The home-based project is Icarus, on which I've finally started to get going. The white line (don't forget to floss) is the end of the first repeat of chart 1. This has a ways to go








For traveling knitting, we have my Cascade Fixation obsession. This is sock #1 of the second set of anklets. Pair number one did very well at tap class last Thursday, very cushioning in my tap shoes.






My Secret Pal is making things worse, by having this arrive at my house:
Knitting Nature

There are several items in there, the hexagon spiral scarf and ram's horn jacket to be specific, that will go on the "To Be Knit" list very shortly.

In other SP news, we have discovered that there are only 3 degrees of separation between my SP and myself. It turns out that the younger sibling of my SP is friends with my daughter. They're all sworn to secrecy and won't tell me anything. Grumble grumble...

6 Comments:

Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Ha! I am trying to figure out who my SP8 Spoiler is, too.
Good luck on finishing those WIPs!
=:8

12:01 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I thought I had collected all my UFOs for a photo the other day, but no such luck. I keep finding 'others' hiding out at various places. You're a brave woman for actually facing the truth here!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from your Funky Scarf pal! I'm looking forward to finding something spiffy to knit for you. :)

6:03 AM  
Blogger silverarrowknits said...

I have accepted the WIPs as just part of the knitting fun. Now if I could just get my Dad to stop asking about the sock I was knitting back in May...

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you please fill out the Funky Scarf survey that Scout put up? I'd really like to start shopping for the perfect yarn and pattern for you. :)
~your funky scarf pal

3:30 AM  
Blogger KHM said...

Hi! HOpe you aren't annoyed by this duplication of comment I put in the Fixation KAL: for the roll top anklet, was that the same number of cast on stitches in stockinette?

Thanks! Beautiful stuff you have here!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home