Friday, April 13, 2007

Completed Monkey Socks

I was listening to the Stash and Burn podcast, and they interviewed Lisa Souza. It was a classic "Duh" moment on my part, as Lisa described the inspiration for the Wild Things colorway as the book Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.

After looking at the socks, how could it be anything else? These were knit on US 1 dpns, and are a little bit big, so they sag a tiny amount around the ankles. I'm wondering if blocking them would make any difference - any thoughts?

4 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

They look awesome! I love that colorway. When I blocked my Monkeys They stood up a bit better, but most noticeably, the patter was much more visible.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very nice!! Mine are coming out a little big too. Let's hope blocking does help them - it sounds like Chrissy's were better after a blocking.

10:14 AM  
Blogger somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I would have a "DOH" moment too on the colors. Your Monkeys look great!
=:8

9:03 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

They look great. I love the yarn. I'm also knitting that pattern and mine are a little roomy as well.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home