Monday, April 16, 2007

Summer knitting, had me a blast...

The high school is doing Grease this year, so I've got the soundtrack in my head. Anyway, I'm all about summer knitting right now (optimistic, aren't I?)  First up is Conwy from Knitting on the Road in Tofutsies.   

My other colorways of Tofutsies are more variegated, so need a bigger pattern. I've wanted to knit Conwy ever since I got the book last fall, so this one is first.
I started the LMKG Chevron Scarf, and it's coming out okay. The versions knit with STR on the Flickr group are prettier, IMO, but this will be great for brightening up some summer outfits. By alternating between the two projects my hand doesn't get so stressed, so the achiness is kept to a minumum. Somewhere there is a UFO - cabled cotton sweater, that needs attention. I'll have to dig it out and remember what I was doing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I'm very hopeful that your dedication to summer knitting will help drive the winter weather away at last!! Hope you all came through Sunday's storm okay and with no flooding.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That is a wonderful summery collection - enjoy!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

What's going on here? We are both working on the same two projects - Conwy socks and the chevron scarf. Yours seem to be doing better than mine, though. My first Conwy sock is 3/4 done, but I tried it on and it's way too skinny, and I have narrow feet! Just be careful with that one. As for the chevron scarf, the yarn has arrived but I am waiting to pick up the book at the library. At any rate, yours is very cool and I love the colors.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home