Thursday, May 04, 2006

Discovery of rare wild identical gloves

The rare, identical gloves were first glimpsed during a routine photo of travel knitting. Until then, the two had not been close enough for the remarkable similarities to be noticed.












[Edited to add the pattern reference: Fingerless Mitts, from Gaea Creations Free Patterns.]

Close observation reveals that the knitter, without even trying, while thinking that mismatched gloves might be more attractive to the recipient, picked the exact spot to start the second glove so the two are identical. Chances of this occuring a second time are slim and none.















The Opal Rainforest Tiger yarn continues to amaze with the yardage - there will be enough left after the gloves to make something else. Something small, but something else. I wonder if it could be felted...



4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I think the Discovery Channel will definitely want to hear about this!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh yes, the knitting gods are smiling on you!!!! Great job on those gloves.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Ya-Ya said...

Hey there,

Love those gloves. I do a similar pair that I made the pattern for, but not on circular (dpn's). Do you have the pattern for those? I would love to try them. Thank you for all the encouraging words for the new sock saga in my knitting bag. I am now on the hunt for yarn and needles. I think I will try a simple sock first and then go to the lace one in IK. Did you get the magazine? Nice one, just a few things over my head. I do love some of the stuff though!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Funny how things just line up sometimes, isn't it? Enjoy it!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home